Monday, October 6, 2008

A Borrowed Outline

Maybe all outlines are borrowed. Solomon said that there is nothing new under the sun. This outlines comes from Steven Olford, the South African preacher who pastored here in the United States and graduated to Heaven just a couple of years ago. He was a strong proponent of expository preaching who carried the fire of God in his heart.

I will entitle the outline: Why We Need Revival

1. We need revival in order to restrain the righteous anger of God.

2. We need revival to restore a conscious awareness of God.

3. We need revival to reveal the gracious activity of God.

Most of the time we refer to revival and think of a revival meeting, but I am not sure that this is what Dr. Olford refers to. It could include that, but think of these points while applying them personally. Instead of the "WE", let's make it, "I". The old spiritual says it well, "It's not my brother, nor my sister, but it's me, O Lord, standin' in the need of prayer."

It is time to seek the Lord until He comes and rains righteousness down upon us. May God bless you as you pray and seek Him today.

No comments: